This leather notebook wallet is an easy leather craft project, but looks super slick. This stylish accessory is perfect for streamlining your everyday carry, and can be made easily with our free pattern and simple step-by-step guide.
What You Need:
Leather: For this project, we recommend using leather that is 3-4 oz in thickness. You can choose any color or texture that you like, but keep in mind that softer leathers may not hold their shape as well as firmer ones. I’d recommend this Glass Jack leather from OA Leather Supply (this video’s sponsor)
Basic Leather Craft Tools: You don’t need anything fancy here. Just some basic leather tools (something to cut with, glue, stitching chisel, wing divider, thread, needles, etc). I’ve covered basic leather tools here if you don’t already have some.
Field Notes Notebook: Finally, you’ll need a Field Notes notebook to fit into your wallet. These come in a variety of colors and styles, so choose the one that best suits your needs. Obviously, you can go with any other small notebook with the same dimensions, Moleskine would be another good option, I just like the look and quality of Field Notes notebooks.
- Print out our free leather notebook wallet pattern at 100% scale and cut out the pieces.
- Place the pattern pieces on your leather and tape them down. Cut along the lines with your knife.
- Bevel/sand/burnish the pocket tops.
- Glue the card slots to the inner pocket.
- In the center of the card slots, punch a stitching line horizontally and stitch it up.
- Glue the card pocket assembly and the notebook pocket onto the main wallet body.
- If you want, round off the corners using your preferred method.
- Mark a stitching line and punch your stitching holes.
- Stitch your pockets to the wallet body.
- Bevel/Sand/Burnish the wallet.
- Your leather notebook wallet is complete and ready to use! Fill it up with your favorite cards and notes, and enjoy the convenience of having everything in one place.
This leather notebook wallet is a great project for anyone just getting into leather craft, crafters looking for a quick product to pump out, or anyone who loves to create their own accessories. This is an incredibly useful piece of EDC gear. So grab your leather and tools and get started on your own leather notebook wallet today. Don’t forget to check out our accompanying YouTube video for a visual guide to the process. Happy crafting!
Note for those using the STL files: If the main body of the wallet is bigger than your printer bed, the dimensions are 220mm x 155mm (8 11/16” x 6 3/32“) for the Notebook Wallet and 220mm x 142mm (8 11/16” x 5 19/32“) for the Passport Wallet.
Notebook Wallet Download Links:
Passport Wallet Download Links: